Thursday, August 11, 2011

Redwoods y'all

So we endured a series of climbs over a spam of many miles on our way to Prairie Creek campground. Without a doubt one of the hardest days of my life. We said farewell to a few friends and made the ride of 100k to just north of Orick (Oreq) to only find that the only market was 6 miles south. So 12 miles added to the 100k pushed it to about 120 k.
We are currently at a laundromat in Eureka Ca. As our gear is a little dirty. I wore the same shorts jersey and socks for the last 4 rides. A little science experiment if you will. The lady next to me just shot her pants. What an asshole.
We stopped in a fishing community where I had some wicked chowder and fish and chips. The place was called Trinidad.
We have amassed 80k so far today and with this break we might be able to make it to humbolt state park, another 40 k away.
I believe we are taking a day off tomorrow as our schedule will have us arriving in San Fran next Wednesday. Which is cool but too many days there.
I would post photos to this but my iPhone is not compatible. I will link my flicker account now.
Talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment